Pancake Breakfast Sandwich
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (3-inch round) sausage patties*
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For Pancakes: HEAT griddle or skillet on medium heat (350°F.)
- WHISK pancake mix, water and syrup in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, potatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook sausage patties as directed on package.
- COAT griddle or skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Pour 2 tablespoons batter on griddle, spreading batter to make a 3-inch circle or by using 3-inch pancake molds, coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat to make 7 more pancakes. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn. Cook second side 2 minutes.
- For Eggs: MELT butter in large skillet. Add red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute. Whisk eggs and salt in small bowl. Pour into skillet with peppers. Cook slightly, then shape into four 3-inch circles about the same size as the pancakes and sausage.
- PLACE one pancake on plate. Top with egg, cooked sausage patty and another pancake to make breakfast sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
- * If using pre-made sausage patties, flatten slightly into 3-inch rounds, if necessary.