- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Make-Ahead Party Mashed Potatoes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 cups water
- 6 tablespoons ( 3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (15.3 oz.) package Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes, Flakes (6 2/3 cups)
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Heat water, butter, garlic salt and onion salt to boiling in a 6-quart Dutch oven or saucepan. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, milk and sour cream, stirring until cream cheese is dissolved.
- STIR in potato flakes, mixing until all ingredients are well combined. Spread mashed potato mixture into prepared pan.
- SPRINKLE with paprika and bake 1 hour or until bubbling around edges and golden brown. Top with chopped bacon and parsley, if desired.
- To make with Pet Evaporated Milk: Heat 7 1/2 cups water with butter, garlic salt and onion salt. Replace 2 cups milk with 1 (12 oz.) can Pet Evaporated Milk.
- Before adding paprika and baking, potato mixture can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Sprinkle with paprika and bake as directed above.
Serving Size (1/20), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.