- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Potato-Crusted Fish Fillets
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 ( 3.75 oz.) package Hungry Jack Easy Mash'd Cheesy Supreme Mashed Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound white fish fillets like, cod, tilapia or scrod
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper
- BEAT egg and milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, blend potato flakes, cheese and Italian seasoning. Rinse fish fillets; pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Coat fish fillet with egg mixture, and then into potato flakes, pressing flakes onto fillets to coat well.
- FRY fish, about 3 minutes per side, or until golden and fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 26g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.