- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Cheesy Potato Pancakes with Sausage
- 1 (12 oz.) package breakfast sausage patties
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- COOK and crumble sausage patties in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain, if necessary.
- SPRAY skillet or griddle with no-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F.
- COMBINE pancake mix and potato flakes in large bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, oil and syrup, if desired, in medium bowl. Add liquids to dry ingredients, stirring just until large lumps disappear. Blend in carrots, onions, Parmesan cheese and cooked sausage.
- POUR 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Place 3 or 4 pancakes on dinner plate. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese before serving.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 720mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g), Protein 17g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 30%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.