Overnight Maple French Toast
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 9 hr 0 min
- 4-6 servings
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Butter Flavored Syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 to 12 (1-inch thick) slices French bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- SPRAY 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine brown sugar, syrup and butter in small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium-high heat, just until mixture begins to boil; remove from heat. Pour evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Arrange bread slices to fill pan in a single layer.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, vanilla and salt in large bowl, beating with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over bread in pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired. Cover. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Uncover pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack for 5 minutes to allow to set up. Top with sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.