Korean Style Baby Back Ribs
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
2 hr 30 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr 0 min
- 8 servings
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 racks baby back ribs, (about 3 pounds each)
- Salt and pepper
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Line two 17 x 11-inch baking pans with enough 18-inch wide heavy-duty foil to fold over ribs, approximately twice the size of the pan. Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- HEAT sesame oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green onion, garlic and ginger. Cook and stir 1 minute until light golden brown. Whisk in chili sauce, brown sugar, syrup, soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- PLACE one rack of ribs, meat side up, on each prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper. Baste each with 1/4 cup sauce. Turn racks over. Repeat seasoning and basting. Fold foil tightly around racks, meat side down, to make a sealed packet.
- ROAST 2 hours or until ribs are tender and internal temperature reaches 160°F. Reheat sauce. Brush ribs with sauce. Serve remaining sauce with ribs.