Maple Bacon Double Chocolate Biscotti
- Cook Time:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (water can be substituted for coffee)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 bacon strips, browned, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease large baking sheet.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add pancake mix, panko, cocoa powder and coffee and mix just until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Turn dough out onto baking sheet and divide in half. Shape dough into rectangles 8-inches long by 4-inches wide by 1/2-thick, leaving at least 4 inches between each.
- Bake until edges are golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool for 8 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut into slices 4-inches long by 1/2 inch wide.
- Carefully turn slices on their sides and return them to oven.
- Bake until edges are golden, about 8 minutes more.
- Let biscotti cool completely before glazing with Maple Bacon Glaze.
- Prepare glaze by stirring together maple syrup, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle biscotti with glaze and sprinkle with bacon.