Candied Bacon Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Syrup
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 6 servings
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons Hungry Jack® Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Flavored Syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 3 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 2 cups water
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cover 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil. Top with wire rack.
Coat rack with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE syrup, brown sugar, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper in medium mixing bowl. Add bacon to bowl coating all sides evenly. Place in single layer on rack. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until beginning to brown and crisp. Remove from oven. Cool 2 minutes on rack. Remove to waxed or parchment paper. Reserve 6 strips of bacon. Crumble or chop remaining bacon.
- COMBINE pancake mix and water in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in crumbled bacon. Let mixture stand 3 minutes. Coat griddle or large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat (375°F). Make 18 (4-inch) pancakes, in batches, by pouring 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear and edges are dry, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 1 minute or until golden brown. Layer 3 pancakes on each plate. Cut reserved strips of bacon in half. Top each pancake stack with 2 pieces of bacon. Serve with additional syrup.