Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 4 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus additional for garnish
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup shredded peeled carrot
- 1/3 cup raisins
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar and 1/3 cup pineapple until creamy.
- COMBINE pancake mix, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Stir in water and remaining pineapple just until large lumps disappear. Stir in carrot and raisins, if desired. Let stand 3 minutes.
- COAT griddle or large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle to 350°F or skillet over medium heat. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle to make 16 (3-inch) pancakes. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- PLACE 1 pancake on each serving plate. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture on top of each pancake, spreading with back of spoon. Repeat layers three times using remaining pancakes and cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and walnuts.