- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 boneless loin pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 medium yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, quartered and cut into 1-inch slices
- Parsley for garnish
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine maple syrup, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon and chicken stock; mix well. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from pan. Place chops in roasting pan.
- ADD yams and apples. Pour maple syrup mixture over ingredients in pan.
- BAKE, uncovered, 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Turn chops, yams and apples gently with spatula. Return to oven.
- BAKE an additional 10 minutes or until apples and potatoes are soft and pork internal temperature reaches 145°F. Spoon apples and sweet potatoes onto serving platter and cover loosely. Pour remaining sauce into medium saucepan and simmer to reduce for 5 minutes. Pour over pork chops, sweet potatoes and apples. Serve.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 510mg, Total Carbohydrate 86g (Dietary Fiber 27g, Sugars 35g), Protein 27g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 180%, Calcium 8%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.