- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Raspberry Lemon Cake
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Yellow food color
- 1/2 cup Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 12 to 15 fresh raspberries
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Funfetti® Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package lemon instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round baking pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Cake: BEAT pancake mix, pudding mix and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat in water, oil and eggs on medium speed 1 minute or until smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting: BEAT powdered sugar, butter and lemon peel in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in lemon juice. Add milk gradually until of spreading consistency. Place 2/3 cup frosting in small bowl. Stir in 2 or 3 drops yellow food color. Place in decorating bag fitted with star tip.
- PLACE one cake layer on plate, rounded side down. Stir jam until smooth. Spread over cake to edge. Place second layer on top, rounded side up. Spread white frosting over top. Decorate as desired with yellow frosting using star and round tips, if desired. Garnish with raspberries.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 46g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.