- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- waffle tacos
Green Chile Waffle Taco
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 oz.) can fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup shredded lettuce, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped ripe tomatoes, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion, divided
- Fresh salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- BROWN beef in large skillet over medium, cooking until no longer pink. Drain fat, if necessary. Add seasoning mix and water. Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- COAT round waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Heat according to manufacturer’s instructions. Combine pancake mix, water, chiles, oil, egg and chili powder in large bowl until smooth. Bake in round waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Repeat to bake total of 5 (7-inch) round waffles.
- FOLD each waffle in half to resemble taco. Fill each taco with heaping 1/3 cup meat, and garnish with lettuce, cheese, avocado, tomato and onion. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Serving Size (1/5 of recipe), Calories 640 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 35g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 1420mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 11g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 35%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.