- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Maple Smoked Sausage Dinner
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound kielbasa or smoked sausage, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1-inch bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into narrow strips, then into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 2 1/2-quart casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE sausage, squash, red pepper and onion in prepared dish. Whisk syrup and cornstarch until dissolved. Stir in salt and cinnamon. Pour over sausage and vegetables. Cover dish.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- TO MAKE ON GRILL
- HEAT grill. Cut four 18 x 12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Place pieces of sausage, squash, pepper and onion on each piece of foil, dividing evenly. Prepare syrup mixture as above. Pour over mixture in foil. Wrap securely using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
- PLACE on grill, seam side up, over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 35 to 40 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 1670mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 180%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.