- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Mini Tropical Upside Down Cakes
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 6 maraschino cherries, stems removed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Cinnamon Spice Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- MICROWAVE butter in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar. Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup pineapple juice, adding water if necessary. Place 1 maraschino cherry half, rounded side down, on brown sugar mixture in center of each muffin cup. Arrange 5 pineapple pieces around cherry half in each muffin cup to resemble a flower. Sprinkle coconut evenly into each cup. Set aside.
- BEAT egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff but not dry. Beat egg yolks and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed 2 minutes. Add pancake mix and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Fold in egg whites. Fold in melted butter and vanilla. Spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- BAKE 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 2 minutes. Loosen edges of cake from sides of muffin cups. Immediately turn out onto a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon any topping mixture remaining in muffin cups over tops of mini cakes. Best served warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 cakes), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.