- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Pumpkin Pecan Layer Cake
- Baking Spray with Flour
- 3 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (15 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound powdered suger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- For Cake: HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick baking spray. Mix pancake mix, pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice and sugar in large bowl. Add water, pumpkin, eggs and oil. Mix well. Divided mixture evenly into prepared pans, spread evenly.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Frosting: BEAT cream cheese and powdered sugar in large microwave-safe bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Microwave on HIGH 25 seconds. Stir.
- PLACE one cake layer on plate, top side down. Spread 1/3 frosting on top of cake. Sprinkle with 1/3 nuts. Repeat with second cake layer, frosting and nuts. Place third layer top side up. Repeat with remaining frosting and nuts, leaving sides uncovered. Store on covered cake plate.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 80g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 58g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.