- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Red Velvet Pancake Dessert
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup pecan pie flavored glazed pecans, or your favorite variety
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- COMBINE pancake mix, sugar and cocoa powder in medium bowl. Stir in water and food color just until large lumps disappear. Let stand 3 minutes.
- COAT griddle or large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle to 325°F or skillet over medium-low heat. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle to make 16 (3-inch) pancakes. Cook 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side or until done.
- STACK 4 pancakes on each serving plate. Spoon a mound of cream cheese mixture on top of each pancake stack, spreading with back of spoon. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 810 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 930mg, Total Carbohydrate 128g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 94g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 25%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.