- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Spanish-Style Potato Croquettes with Smoked Paprika Aioli
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Manchego or Asiago cheese
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced Serrano ham or prosciutto, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- Pure Canola Oil
SMOKED PAPRIKA AIOLI
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- COMBINE water, milk, butter, garlic salt and pepper in medium microwave-safe bowl. Stir in potato flakes. Cover. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk 1 egg in large bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons bread crumbs until blended. Stir in cheese, ham and green onion. Stir in potato mixture until evenly blended.
- BEAT remaining 2 eggs in shallow bowl. Place flour in separate shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Scoop about 2 tablespoons potato mixture into flour; coat completely. Shape into an oval croquette. Dip in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumbs, coating completely. Repeat to make additional croquettes. Cook immediately or cover and chill.
- HEAT 2 inch deep oil in deep fryer or large heavy saucepan to 350°F. Cook croquettes in hot oil, a few at a time, about 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- For Smoked Paprika Aioli, COMBINE mayonnaise, smoked paprika, garlic and lemon juice in small serving bowl, stirring until blended. Serve with croquettes.
Serving Size (1 of 24 croquettes), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.