- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Spicy Candied Bacon
- 1/2 pound extra-thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- HEAT oven to 375°. Line 15 x 10-inch baking pan with foil. Lay bacon slices on foil.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until bacon edges begin to curl. Remove from oven. Tilt pan to drain. Pat bacon with paper towel. Combine syrup, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and pepper in small bowl. Drizzle evenly over bacon slices.
- BAKE 5 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove to wire rack. Cool 5 minutes.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- CANDIED BLT SANDWICH: Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of toast. Layer one slice with lettuce leaf, sliced tomatoes and Spicy Candied Bacon. Top with second slice. Cut sandwich diagonally.
- CANDIED BACON ICE CREAM: Fold diced Spicy Candied Bacon into softened vanilla ice cream. Freeze. Serve with additional crumbled candied bacon.
- CANDIED BACON BREAKFAST SANDWICH: Layer fried egg on English muffin. Top with shredded cheese, Spicy Candied Bacon and a dash of hot sauce or ketchup. Top with other half of English Muffin.
Serving Size (1 slice), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 5g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron %.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.