- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- COMBINE strawberries and 1/3 cup sugar in medium bowl. Allow to stand so that juice develops.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 8-inch round baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE pancake mix and remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Cut in butter and shortening until thoroughly blended. Stir in cream and vanilla just until blended. Batter will be very stiff. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges. Split in half horizontally. Fill with strawberries and desired amount of whipped cream. Garnish with additional whipped cream.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 700mg, Total Carbohydrate 71g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 37g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 140%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.