- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Stuffed Oven French Toast
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12 pieces cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 (15 1/4 oz.) can peach halves, well drained, thinly sliced*
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Generously spray 15 x 10-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT cream cheese and powdered sugar in small bowl until well blended. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Arrange peach slices on cream cheese mixture on six bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, cream cheese side down. Press down firmly.
- COMBINE eggs, milk and vanilla in shallow bowl. Beat well. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in prepared pan. Pour any remaining egg mixture over top. **
- BAKE 10 minutes. Turn. Bake 10 minutes more or until both sides are browned and crisp. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup.
- *Frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained (about 1 1/2 cups), or fresh sliced peaches (about 3 medium) can be substituted for the canned peaches.
- **Recipe can be prepared ahead to this step. Cover pan with foil. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to bake, uncover. Bake as directed above.
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 39g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.