- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 sausage patties, flattened to make 4-inch patties
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT waffle iron (4-inch square waffles) according to manufacturer's instructions. Whisk together pancake mix, water, oil and egg in medium bowl until large lumps disappear. Coat waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Pour 1 cup of batter evenly over hot waffle iron. Cook until waffle is golden brown. Repeat to make 16 square waffles.
- COOK sausage patties in skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels. Fry eggs in same skillet until whites are completely set and yolks are nearly set. Break yolks. Flip eggs. Cook about 1 minute or until yolks are set and no longer runny. Season with salt and pepper.
- PLACE 1 waffle on plate. Layer with sausage patty and egg. Top with another waffle. Cut diagonally. Repeat to make 8 sandwiches. Serve with syrup as dipping sauce.
Serving Size (1 sandwich of 8), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 230mg, Sodium 800mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 14g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.