- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Maple Breakfast Bread Pudding
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup, divided
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Syrup and softened butter for serving
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (16 oz.) loaf Hawaiian or egg bread, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- SPRAY a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle bread pieces evenly over bottom.
- COMBINE cream cheese, shortening and 1/4 cup syrup in bowl of electric mixer. Beat until smooth. Spread mixture over the bread.
- BEAT eggs, remaining 1/2 cup syrup and milk in medium bowl. Pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Uncover dish.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with warm syrup and softened butter.
Serving Size (1/8 ), Calories 740 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 36g (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 360mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 44g), Protein 31g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 50%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.