- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (7-inch) waffles
Wheat Waffles with Warm Berry Topping
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Wheat Blends Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
WARM BERRY TOPPING
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed berries
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- HEAT waffle iron. Combine pancake mix, wheat germ and cinnamon in medium bowl. Whisk together water, oil and egg in small bowl. Add to dry mixture. Stir until large lumps disappear.
- COAT waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Pour 2/3 cup batter for each waffle on hot waffle iron. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Continue with remaining batter.
- STIR water, sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan until blended. Add frozen fruit. Cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Serve 1/2 cup warm topping with each waffle. Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a dash of cinnamon.
Serving Size (1/5 waffle and sauce), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 83g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 43g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 9%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.